Musings on re-reading all feckin' four of Karen Marie Moning's Fever books in a two day period. Yes, I do have a headache. Yes, I'll admit it. I'm a slightly obsessed fan.
Enter at your own risk.
Okay, I just re-read all the books. I'm so obsessed I have to read something else, to cleanse my palette because right now I'm so confused. I have so many questions.
I went and registered at KMM's website and tried to post at her forum but couldn't for some technical reason. Mercury in retrograde probably. (Shakes fist at sky....damn you Mercury!)
Okay, so here are my questions. Which only time and a day off work and a 788 page book can answer.
1.Why doesn't Mac ask Barrons what he wants the book for so bad until book 4?
2. Why doesn't Mac try harder to figure out what SHE is instead of always trying to figure out what BARRON's is? Is it that on some level she's afraid of the answers? She's the strongest living Sidhe Seer. She can see into Barron's head when touching him. V'lane kisses her ass. Barrons tries to get her to open her eyes constantly, which she refuses to do from book one. Which makes me wonder if he knew instantly who or what she was, or if he didn't figure it out until early on in DarkFever.
3.Is Mac part Fae? If so, is that going to be the earth shattering truth she'll have to deal with? I swear, if she really killed Barron's I don't know if I can finish the book because basically I'm in love with that character, despite all his misogynistic, dickish qualities.
4. Who is Ryodan?
5.Is the story about the boy who was human who was captured by the Fae and forced to live in a cage just a red herring?
6. Is Mac the Concubine reincarnated? Is Barrons The Unseelie King? Is Barrons Cruce? Is he the above boy? Speaking of boys, who was the boy in Barrons memory, the one who died and broke his heart? That had to have been his son. Who is the woman who was his Bright Shinging Star that died?
7. What is the deal with V'lane and Barrons hating eachother? Why did Barrons kill the Fae Princess? How could he if they are immortal? Why is Mac's adopted last name Lane which matches V'lane's name? Coincidence? Why does V'lance call her princess?
8. What's with all the beast references to different things? She calls the book the Beast. When Mac is Priya, she calls herself and Barrons beasts, and then she encounters a beast that gets killed.
9.Why does she intentionally mislead Barrons and V'lane about where the damn book is until the very end?
10. Who is the "Dreamy eyed boy from the ALD? What is his deal? I do NOT trust his ass, fine though it might be.
12. Who is WAR, the 4th prince at the church during the rape scene?
13. In Dreamfever in the very beginning Dani says, "I know things about Mac that she'd kill me for." What things?
14. When she asks Barrons who he lost he won't tell her. When she asks if he sought vengence he says yes, he killed the man who did it, after he killed his wife. WTH?
15. When she is in the abbey library with Barrons and V'Lane, both men act like they are courtiers and she is the Queen, it is this weird role reversal where they are both saying they did more for her then the other, and she calmly snaps out orders. "v'lane, clean up your mess and buld me a fire" she tells Barrons, "Give me a report of what is happening outside," Which he does. V'lane tells her he is taking care of her family and she calmly says, "Continue to do so. Please." It is the strangest thing as if she is suddenly the Queen of the world and they are reporting in.
16. Earlier, just before V'Lane shows up and he and Barrons get all pissy, in book 4, in the abbey library, What did Barrons want her to say instead of what she said, when they had the conversation about what had occured between them, the "same page, chapter verse word" conversation.
17. If she isn't the concubine, why is she dreaming about the white mansion and the unseelie prison?
18. Who are the 8 men who rescued her? Druids? Mercenary Soliders from when Barrons used to be a mercenary? Are these the men who protected the Concubine? The Queen?
19. What is it everyone thinks she is capable of that she hasn't done yet? That they keep thinking she'll do. In DreamFever on pages 260-?, Barrons is screaming at her asking her What she is? Well if he doesn't know, why is he (and V'lane for that matter) making such a fuss over her. It can't just be the whole Sidhe Seer thing, they could get one of the other girls at the Abbey for that couldn't they? After that scene with him screaming at her asking her What she is, why doesn't she ask herself the same question? She seems to just deflect shit left and right and not do any self examination. The book is after her as well. Argg....WTH? ANd What did Fiona mean when she laughed and made the comment about something to do with, "He hasn't told you?"
20. IF Barrons isn't the Unseelie King, and she isn't the Concubine reincarnated, what was with that conversation in DF where he basically is an apologist for the UK and she is for the Concubine. The conversation where he says something to the effect of, "well the king was trying etc" and she says, "maybe she got tired of sitting alone for years waiting etc
21. Who was the woman Barrons carried through the silvers who was dead?
22. What was Barrons doing when he was fighting when he was away from her and she called him?
23. Does Barrons want to die? Is he Immortal? If he is UK how can he touch all the hallows?
24. What is it Barrons?
And that my dears....is enough of that. I had to get it off my chest. And now, tomorrow. I will put my book on reserve at Borders. And tonight I will go to sleep and I won't think about this nonsense again. I won't hang out at the forum for hours reading every crazy idea postulated, and I won't obsess over this one little bit. Or count down the days or anything stupid like that.
(Tomorrow it is only 15 days, which means it is nearly only two weeks!)